Announcements (July 27, 2003)
1. Our two-bit collection this Sunday is for special maintenance project: to pay for what remains for the new sanctuary rail. Thanks to our Ladies Sodality and a kind donation, only about thousand dollars remains. We hope to have it installed within three weeks. It will enable those with difficulty in balance climb the sanctuary steps in order to serve as lectors or extraordinary Eucharistic ministers. Next week's two-bit collection will be for asbestos abatement in order to clear the newly acquired lot.
2. Thank you for your donations last weekend for property purchase. The $578 donated will help pay off what remains of our loan from the Archdiocese.
3. Holy Family School still has openings for the 2003-2004 school year: pre-K, Kindergarden, 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th & 7th grades. You can pick up an application in our parish office.
4. We had a great first session of the summer Bible camp last week. The next session (for children 6 to 12) will begin August 18.
5. We are forming a children's choir for our 5 p.m. Saturday evening Mass. Please contact Pat Waite (248-5678) for more information.
6. Please remember to put August 23 on your calendar - our annual parish picnic. If you can help with food, games and other activities, please call Betty Weller or Ann Witt.
7. Inquiry classes for adults or older children interested in joining the Catholic Church or returning to the faith, will begin on September 11. Please call Lin Fulwiler to register. Lin's number is in the bulletin.
8. The Bible Study/Rosary Prayer Group continues to meet every Sunday evening at 7 p.m. All are welcome.
9. First Thursday confessions will be on August 7, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Fr. Ramon Velasco and Fr. Juan Diego will be available for those who wish to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation. Also opportunity for confession Saturdays from 9 to 10 a.m. and Wednesdays at 7:30 p.m.
10. First Friday Masses will be celebrated this Friday, August 1, at 8:30 a.m. in English and 7:30 p.m. in Spanish.
11. Because of some very dedicated volunteers, we have resumed Eucharistic Adoration from midnite to 6 a.m. this week. If you wish to volunteer for a specific hour, please contact Joe Vandermark or Betty Weller whose numbers are in the bulletin. You may also call the parish office.
13. Scrip will be available after the morning Masses. Scrip can be used to purchase gasoline, food and many other necessary items. It costs you nothing more and is a great way to support our school and parish.