Announcements (January 6, 2002)
1. Our two-bit collection is for Afghan Refugees. One of the most effective agencies helping refugees is Catholic Relief Services. They need our help to aid the thousands of Afghan refugees who are in Pakistan and to assist them in returning to their own country.
2. Thanks you for your support last Sunday for the Mary Bloom Center. $924 were given to help needy families and children in Peru. Also on New Year's Day $1064 were donated for the victims of the Dec. 29 Fire in Lima. And a big thank you for your support of our parish St. Vincent de Paul Society which aids the needy in our own parish. $1,216 were donated at our Christmas Masses.
3. The beautiful new kitchen is now functioning in our parish school. Besides our school lunch program, various parish groups will be using it. Next Sunday our Knights of Columbus will host pancake and french toast breakfast after the morning Masses. And at the end of the month (Jan 26) the annual Crab Dinner and Dance.
4. Confirmation classes for those 16-20 will begin the Monday after next, January 14. Archbishop Brunett will be here on May 23 for the celebration of the sacrament. Please call Vernon Wells at the rectory for more information and to register.
5. Our Young Adult Group, ages 16 to 20, meets every Sunday evening. If you wish to participate, simply come to the Ailbe House library at 5 p.m. The Junior High group, ages 12 to 15, takes place Tuesday evening at 7 p.m. Please call Vernon Wells for more information.
6. Pre-marriage classes will begin next Sunday, January 13, 4 to 6 p.m. If you are getting married in 2002 or know someone who is getting married, please encourage them to attend these classes. Those who are married civilly, but wish to have their marriage blessed in the church, are cordially invited to attend.
7. Please reserve the evening of January 24 to attend the Parish Listening Sessions. All active parishioners of Holy Family are encouraged to attend. It is important we hear from you regarding parish needs. The new Parish Council will be gathering these concerns to form a strategic plan for Holy Family.
8. Scrip is for sale after Mass this morning. Your purchase of Scrip helped enable us to install the new kitchen. Please use scrip for your shopping at local stores. It will cost you nothing extra and is an effective way of supporting your parish and its school.