Announcements (January 5, 2003)
1. The two-bit collection is for debt reduction. Last weekend $1,162 were donated during the seven weekend Masses. Within two weeks I hope to give a report on how we are doing in balancing our parish budget. We are not there yet and have recently made some reductions in our school and parish personnel. I appreciate your support of Holy Family.
2. Also I want to thank you for your support of Holy Family Parish in the first collection. The first collection for last Sunday (Holy Family Sunday) totalled $12,028. Our parish council is working with me to develop a plan for addressing the needs of the parish. We must complete the seismic repairs of our school and fulfill the ADA requirements for handicapped accessibility. Also the roofs of the Church and Ailbe House require repair. Beyond these immediate necessities, the parish needs a multi-purpose facility. If we are going to move ahead with these projects, we must first put our operating budget on a solid footing. To do that, we need your support. Several families have made generous donations to Holy Family during recent weeks. I thank them and all of you for your support.
3. As we begin the new year, 504 families have made written pledges to support Holy Family Parish. Total pledged: $353,203. To make sure our list is accurate, I have posted all the names on the bulletin board. If you filled out a card, please make sure your name is on the list. If not, notify Tom Weber, Monica Orozco or myself, so that we can make the correction. I realize that many of our parishioners have not made written pledges, but are loyal supporters. Again, thanks to all who contribute to our parish needs.
4. Parish calendars for 2003 are available at the entrances of the church. A special thanks to Yarington's Funeral Home for the beautiful calendars.
5. Marriage Classes (Evenings for the Engaged) will begin next Sunday afternoon, January 12 at 4 p.m. Please call Sharon at the parish office for more information and to register.
6. Also in January, on the second and third Monday evenings, (i.e., Jan 13 & 20) we will have baptism classes for parents of infants and young children. Baptisms will take place on Sunday, January 26.
7. Scrip will be available after the morning Masses.