Announcements (January 25, 2004)
1. Our two-bit collection this Sunday will go toward maintenance by way of the Sharon Carriere Memorial Fund. Currently we have $1225 in this fund which goes toward the work of refurbishing the library and other repairs to the Ailbe House. On June 20 we will rededicate the Ailbe House Library in memory of Sharon.
2. In the bulletin you will see an announcement regarding the Damey Family Fire Relief Fund. On December 22 they had a major house fire which destroyed their house and possessions. If you wish to donate to this fund, please make out your check to Holy Family and write Damey Fund in the memo. To date we have received $375 in donations to help the family through this difficult time.
3. On January 31 the Knights of Columbus will hold the annual Dungeness Crab Feed and Lovers Dance. Please call one of the numbers listed in the bulletin.
4. We need help with our Annual Auction. You can become an honorary sponsor or patron for the auction by filling out the green slip in Sunday's bulletin. Those who make a donation of $20 or more will have their names printed in the REACH 2004 Catalog.
5. Please pray for our confirmation candidates. At present 25 young people are taking the preparations in English and a similar number in Spanish. Archbishop Brunett will celebrate Confirmation Holy Family on April 28.
6. Parents of younger children, who wish to receive First Communion, may contact Fr. Ramon or call the parish office.
7. There will be a Youth in the Spirit Retreat from March 11-14. The pre-registration deadline is January 30. Please see the bulletin for full information.
8. Please put the Fr. Corapi Retreat on your calendar: March 5-6 here at Holy Family Parish. Fr. Corapi is an internationally famous speaker with a powerful message for young people. See the bulletin for how to register.
9. Beginning in February there will be a complete Natural Family Planning course at Blessed Sacrament Church in the U District. Total cost is $75. Call the number in the bulletin to register.
10. This Monday we begin Catholic Schools Week. Please see the "School News" section of the bulletin for a list of special events. There will be an Open House next Sunday after the 11 a.m. Mass.
11. On February 2 there will be Candle Mass at which we will have a limited supply of blessed candles available to take home. You may also bring your own candles for blessing. The Mass will be at 8:30 a.m., Monday, February 2.
12. Scrip is for sale after Sunday morning Masses. Use Scrip for all you shopping needs. It costs nothing extra and is a great way to support our school and parish.