Announcements (January 21, 2001)
1. Our two-bit collection this Sunday is for Catholic Relief Services to assist those affected by the Earthquake in El Salvador. Catholic Relief Services, which has a support staff in San Salvador, is already working to assist the families whose homes and lives have been devastated by the earthquake. Your donations will help them to rebuild their lives.
2. We thank you for your contributions last weekend for Sacred Heart Radio of Seattle. $447 were donated to support this 24 hour a day radio station. Please tune your AM radio to 1050 for excellent Catholic programing.
3. Baptism classes will be this Monday and the following at 7 p.m. in the Ailbe House. Please call Sharon at the rectory for more information and to register.
4. Ladies Sodality will meet Monday, January 22 at 1 p.m. in the Ailbe House Library.
5. Tickets are still available for next Saturday's Crab Dinner and Valentine Day Dance sponsored by our Knights of Columbus. Please call the numbers in the bulletin.
6. Families are needed to sign up for the Holy Hour of prayer for vocations, Thursday evenings, 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. Please call Roger or Abel - their numbers are in the bulletin.
7. In the bulletin you will find a blue flier. One side announces our annual REACH Auction for Holy Family School. Please contact Helene Romero to request an invitation. The other side of the blue flier is an archdiocesan announcement for Catholic physicians regarding the organization of a Catholic Guild affiliated with the Catholic Medical Association. If you know a Catholic doctor, please pass this information to him or her. In May the Archdiocese will be hosting a conference on medical ethics which will feature Dr. Edmund Pellegrino, Fr. Robert Spitzer and Bishop Robert Vasa.
8. This week I will be making a retreat at the Benedictine monastery in Mission, B.C. During the week Fr. Ramon Velasco will be available for daily Mass and any emergencies.
9. The funeral for Karen Smith is this Monday at 10 a.m. in our Church. You are invited to join the family for the Mass of Christian Burial for Karen.
10. Thank you to the 511 people who signed up for a weekly Holy Hour. You may still fill out the invitation form with name and phone number. Also we need hour coordinators. If you can help, please call Joe Vandermark, 242-7487.
11. Darcy Hemstad, R.N. will be here on Saturday, Jan 27 to offer instructions on the use of the Billings Method of Natural Family Planning, 10 a.m. in the rectory.
12. If you are interested in learning Gregorian chant, there will be a class for beginners on Thurs, Jan. 18, from 7 to 8:30 p.m. The class will run for three months. Call Tom at 767-6220.
13. For long range planning: Archbishop Brunett will ordain Armando Perez as a transitional deacon July 15, 10 a.m. here in Holy Family Parish.
14. El arzobispo Brunett celebrará el sacramento de confirmación en nuestra parroquia el 7 de mayo a las 7 p.m.
15. Scrip is for sale after Mass. Last year Scrip netted several thousand dollars for our school and parish. By using scrip for your purchases of gasoline, food, etc. you help Holy Family - at no additional cost to yourself.