Announcements (January 13, 2002)
1. Our two-bit collection is for Holy Family School Renovation Project. With your support we have been able to install a much needed new kitchen in the school. Please continue your support so that we will be able to make other much needed repairs to our school building, especially the seismic retrofit and elevator..
2. Thanks you for your support last Sunday for Afghan Refugees. $636 were donated in our two-bit collection so that Catholic Relief Services will be able to care for Afghan Refugees currently in Pakistan, who desire to return to their own country.
3. For parents you have infants or children to be baptized, please plan on attending the classes this Monday evening (and next) at 7 p.m. in the Ailbe House.
4. Also this Monday Confirmation classes will be gin for those 16-20. Archbishop Brunett will be here on May 23 for the celebration of the sacrament. Please call Vernon Wells at the rectory for more information and to register.
5. Our Young Adult Group, ages 16 to 20, meets every Sunday evening. If you wish to participate, simply come to the Ailbe House library at 5 p.m. The Junior High group, ages 12 to 15, takes place Tuesday evening at 7 p.m. Please call Vernon Wells for more information.
6. Pre-marriage classes will begin this Sunday, January 13, 4 to 6 p.m. If you are getting married in 2002 or know someone who is getting married, please encourage them to attend these classes. Those who are married civilly, but wish to have their marriage blessed in the church, are cordially invited to attend. If you are not yet registered, you may do so by coming to the rectory at 4 p.m. this Sunday afternoon.
7. Please reserve the evening of January 24 to attend the Parish Listening Sessions. All active parishioners of Holy Family are encouraged to attend. It is important we hear from you regarding parish needs. The new Parish Council will be gathering these concerns to form a strategic plan for Holy Family.
8. Our Knights of Columbus will host pancake and french toast breakfast after the morning Masses. Come over to the school hall to enjoy a delicious breakfast and support our Knights.
8. Scrip is for sale after Mass this morning. Your purchase of Scrip helped enable us to install the new kitchen. Please use scrip for your shopping at local stores. It will cost you nothing extra and is an effective way of supporting your parish and its school.