Announcements (January 11, 2004)
1. Our two-bit collection this Sunday will go toward our boiler debt. Little by little, we are reducing that debt - and we thank you for your support.
2. Thank you for your contributions last Sunday for earthquake victims in Iran. $1,488 were given during the seven weekend Masses. Catholic Relief Services is at work to extend food, water, shelter and medical assistance to help the people of Bam and the surrounding areas. If you wish to write a check, simply make it to "Holy Family" and write "earthquake relief" or "Iran" in the memo and we will forward it to the Archdiocesan Missions Office for this relief effort. Also thank you for the two-bit collection on New Years Day which will go toward the refurbishing of the Ailbe House via the Sharon Carriere Memorial Fund.
3. This Sunday morning our Knights of Columbus will host a Pancake and French Toast Breakfast. Let the Knights do the cooking and cleaning while you enjoy a great breakfast with family and friends. Also please notice in the bulletin that on January 31 the Knights will have the annual Dungeness Crab Feed and Lovers Dance. Tickets are $22 per person before January 23rd. More information in the bulletin.
4. We need help with our Annual Auction. Please see the notice in the bulletin regarding needed items.
5. This Thursday January 15 we will have a meeting regarding Confirmation. The meeting will begin at 6:30 and will explain the preparation involved in order to receive this Sacrament. Archbishop Brunett will celebrate Confirmation Holy Family on April 28. You may contact Fr. Ramon, Fr. Bloom or call the parish office for more information.
6. Also, parents of younger children, who wish to receive First Communion, may contact Fr. Ramon or call the parish office
7. The next baptism classes will be held this Monday, January 12 and the following Monday, Jan. 19th at 7 p.m. in the Ailbe House.
8. Please put the Fr. Corapi Retreat on your calendar: March 5-6 here at Holy Family Parish. Fr. Corapi is an internationally famous speaker with a powerful message for young people. See the bulletin for how to register.
9. On January 20 is the Annual March for Life, from noon to 1 p.m. in Olympia. St. Michael's Church in Olympia will have a Mass for Life at 10 a.m.
10. Thank you to all who turned questionaires for the Feasibility Study. This week our Parish Council will analyze the results of the study and make a recommendation regarding a Feasibility Study.
11. Scrip is for sale after Sunday morning Masses. Use Scrip for all you shopping needs. It costs nothing extra and is a great way to support our school and parish.