Announcements (January 2, 2000)
1. Our two-bit collection is for the Catholic Seaman's Club. Directed by Fr. Tony Haycock, the Catholic Seaman's Club reaches out pastorally to seamen from the United States and other countries who are here at the Port of Seattle.
2. Thank you for your contributions last weekend. Our collection totals were as follows: $1097 for our Holy Family School 2000 Project, $582 for the Mary Bloom Center, and $966 for relief of the victims of the floods in Venezuela. In our regular Sunday collections for Christmas and Holy Family Sunday a total of $24,259 were given at the ten Masses. This is a great boost toward meeting our year end expenses and those of the new year. January is the month when pension fund payments are due for parish employees. With the number of employees in our school and parish staff this is a considerable bill. So your Sacrificial Giving is particularly appreciated at this time.
3. This week we begin a five day schedule of Eucharistic Adoration. The hours are as follows: Monday and Tuesday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. in the Ailbe House Chapel. Wednesday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the Church. Thursday from 9 a.m. to midnite and Friday from 9 a.m. till Saturday morning at 8:15 in the Aibe House Chapel. Even if you have not signed up for a specific hour, you are encouraged to come at an time to make a Holy Hour of prayer before Jesus truly present in the Blessed Sacrament.
4. During the Holy Year 2000 the Sacrament of Reconciliation will be available on the First Thursdays of each month, from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. Every parishioner is encouraged to receive the Holy Year Indulgence by making a complete and individual confession, praying for the intentions of the Holy Father and making a pilgrimage of prayer to St. James Cathedral. Confessions will be this Thursday from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. Also the Sacrament of Reconciliation will be available every Saturday morning from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. and Wednesday evening at 7:30 p.m.
5. For couples who are planning on getting married in the year 2000, please plan on attending the Evenings for the Engaged which begin on next Sunday evening, January 9 from 7 to 9 p.m. You may register by calling the rectory.