Announcements (February 5, 2005)
1. The two-bit collection is for our school scholarship fund. Your donations will enable needy families to send their children to our parish school.
2. I want to thank all those who attended Capital Campaign receptions. Over 400 families participated. To date we have received 102 pledges totaling $459,349.
3. Next weekend is Commitment Sunday for our parish Capital Campaign. Your support will make possible the continuing repairs of our Church, Ailbe House, School and parking lot. The project includes the renovation of the ground level of the school to provide an accessible meeting space for all parishioners. If you did not receive a Campaign Brochure (hold up) either at a reception or through the mail, please pick up the Campaign information available in the vestibule. Also in the bulletin you will find a flier with answers to common questions about the Campaign.
4. This Wednesday we begin the holy season of Lent with the imposition of ashes at all Masses. Please see the bulletin for schedule. Also we remind you that Ash Wednesday is a day of abstinence from meat and of fasting. Fasting (for those between 18 and 59) is minimally defined as one full meal with two small meals and no food between meals. For those 14 years and older all seven Fridays of Lent are days of abstinence from meat, defined as the flesh of warm blooded animals: beef, chicken, pork, lamb etc. You may eat fish, shellfish, frog and other cold-blooded animals. As a reminder of fasting, prayer and almsgiving, please pick up a Rice Bowl for your family table.
5. St. Martha’s Sodality will be hosting Soup Nites on the Fridays of Lent. Join them before attending the Stations of the Cross at 7 p.m.
6. Next Sunday our Knights of Columbus will host a delicious pancake and French toast breakfast from 9 a.m. till 12:15.
7. It is not too late to sign up for the Fr. Corapi retreat on February 18 and 19th. Registration forms and schedules are at the church entrances and in the parish office.
8. If you know someone who desires to return to the Catholic Church, please let them know about our Welcome Home series which begins on February 28.
9. After Saturday Mass: you are invited to join us for a social evening in the school including Bingo. Sunday morning: Please pick up your Scrip in the vestibule.