Announcements (February 3, 2002)
1. Our two-bit collection is for our School Scholarship Fund. Your donations will help students from needy families attend our parish school.
2. Thank you for your support last Sunday for VAMOS. $362 were donated to enable this organization to help the poor of Mexico through leadership training, cooperatives, medical and dental services, etc. Because of the snow donations to this special collection and to our regular Sunday collections were down. If you are able to help make up for what was lost, please do so.
3. Also because of the snow, many were not able to sign up for Eucharistic Adoration. We will have another sign-up in a couple of weeks. Our Ailbe House chapel is open twenty-four hours a day so you may come at any hour day or night. For more information please contact Joe Vandermark, Better Weller or Greg Miller.
4. In just ten days Lent begins. Ash Wednesday is February 13. Please plan on joining fellow parishioners for Soup Nights, every Friday evening during Lent.
5. Recently you received a complimentary copy of the Catholic Northwest Progress with your bulletin. Please consider subscribing to our Archdiocesan weekly newspaper for less than 50 cents per issue. Subscription cards are available at all entrances of the church.
6. Thank you to all who participated in the parish listening session on January 24. Please see the bulletin (Word from Fr. Bloom) for some infomration about the results of the meeting.
7. Vespers and Benediction celebrated every Sunday afternoon at 4 p.m. Please come and experience this beautiful prayer.
8. Scrip is for sale after Mass (including Saturday evening). Your purchase of Scrip helped enable us to install the new kitchen. Please use scrip for your shopping at local stores. In this weeks bulletin you will find an order form to purchase scrip for use at a variety of local stores and restaurants. It will cost you nothing extra and is an effective way of supporting your parish and its school. Also for sale is Abundance of Grace, the History of the Archdiocese of Seatle from 1850-2000 for the special price of just $10.
9. Please be sure to take home a bulletin for important announcements, including a several of importance to Junior high and high school students. On February 12, the youth group will be hosting a Mardi Gras party in the school gym. Please see the flier in the bulletin for more information.