Announcements (February 11, 2001)
1. Our two-bit collection this Sunday is for San Miguel Parish in Ilave, Peru. Your donation will support the apostolic work and outreach to the poor of Frs. Narciso Valencia annd Faustino Pari. . As we enter the next phases of the seismic work, we ask your support. Please be generous.
2. Thank you for your contributions to the Holy Family Renovation Project. $928 were given in last weekend's two-bit collections. If you have not yet done so, please also consider using the special envelope to make a pledge so that we will be able to move ahead with the needed work on our Parish School.
3. Fr. Robert Spitzer, S.J., will be at Bellevue Community College, Saturday, February 24, to speak about his pro-life book, Healing the Culture. The talk, along with book signing and reception will take place from 7 to 9 p.m. Please plan on attending.
4. Please read carefully the green insert in this Sunday's bulletin. It is a letter from Archbishop Brunett reagrding the need for new parish and schools in rural King County - and what we are requesting of the King County Council, namely that they amend their plan from the current limitation of 20,000 square feet to 35,000 square feet. The Council will be making a decision this Monday, Feb. 12.
5. Project Rachel, dedicated to Post-Abortion Healing, will have a retreat here in Seattle on the weekend of Feb. 16-18. More information and confidential number (Valerie @ 800-822-4673) in the bulletin.
6. Sacred Heart Radio of Seattle is now on the air 24 hours a day. If you have not yet done so, please tune your AM radio to 1050 for excellent Catholic programing.
7. Scrip is for sale after Mass. Last year Scrip netted several thousand dollars for our school and parish. By using scrip for your purchases of gasoline, food, etc. you help Holy Family - at no additional cost to yourself.