Announcements (February 10, 2002)
1. Our two-bit collection is for St. Vincent de Paul. Your donations will help the poor in our own neighborhoods.
2. Thank you for your support last Sunday for our School Scholarship Fund. $1613 were donated at our seven weekend Masses.
3. Ash Wednesday is February 13, the beginning of Lent. Ash Wednesday are days of fast and abstinence. Fasting means not eating as much as usual. This means only one full meal with 2 smaller meals (the sum of which is less than the full meal) and no solid-food snacks. All Fridays of Lent are days of Abstinence. Abstinence means not eating meat (beast or fowl). All Catholics age 14 and older are obliged to abstain from meat on Ash Wednesday, all Fridays of Lent, and the Paschal fast of Good Friday. All Catholic between the ages of 18-59 inclusive are obliged to fast on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday. Please plan on joining fellow parishioners for Soup Nights, every Friday evening during Lent at 6 p.m. followed by Stations of the Cross in the Church at 7 p.m.
4. Masses in English on Ash wednesday will be celebrated at 8:30 a.m. and 6 p.m., Please see the bulletin for the full schedule of Ash Wednesday services, English and Spanish.
5. During Lent we will have a "Workingman's Mass" every Friday morning at 7 a.m. All are invted to attend.
6. Vespers and Benediction are celebrated every Sunday afternoon at 4 p.m. Please come and experience this beautiful prayer.
7. Next weekend we will have the opportunity again to sign up for Eucharistic Adoration. Our Ailbe House chapel is open twenty-four hours a day so you may come at any hour day or night. For more information please contact Joe Vandermark, Better Weller or Greg Miller.
8. Scrip is for sale after Mass (including Saturday evening). Your purchase of Scrip helped enable us to install the new kitchen. Please use scrip for your shopping at local stores. In this weeks bulletin you will find an order form to purchase scrip for use at a variety of local stores and restaurants. It will cost you nothing extra and is an effective way of supporting your parish and its school. Also for sale is Abundance of Grace, the History of the Archdiocese of Seatle from 1850-2000 for the special price of just $10.
9. Please be sure to take home a bulletin for important announcements, including a several of importance to Junior high and high school students. This Tuesday February 12, the youth group will be hosting a Mardi Gras party in the school gym at 4:45 p.m. Please see the bulletin for more information.