Announcements (December 7, 2003)
1. Today's two-bit collection will go toward the payment of our newly acquired parish lot. Thank you for your donations last weekend - $1005 - for the cost involved in clearing the property. Special thanks to Tien Le for donating his labor and equipment. By demolishing the buildings on the lot and clearing the debris, he saved the parish a good sum of money. Still, there were costs for hauling away and dumping the debris.
2. On Thursday, December 4, we sent a feasibility study questionnaire to all registered parishioners. Please take the time to fill out this questionnaire and return it to the parish by December 16, either by mail or by dropping it off in the collection basket or at the parish office. The input from all parishioners is vital in enabling our Parish Council to plan for the future of our campus and to make educated decisions about a possible fundraising campaign. Thank you in advance for your participation. Special thanks to those who have come in for personal interviews. Those interviews, as well as a focus group, will take place this week.
3. The Christmas wreaths (greenery) have arrived - now available at the school basement on Sunday and in the back of the church sat night. If you have ordered please pick up and any one interested in purchasing on please come over. Thank you
4. Next Sunday our Knights of Columbus will host a Pancake and French Toast Breakfast after the morning Masses. Please plan on attending. Also please set aside the evening of January 31 for the annual Crab Dinner and Dance. Tickets will be available soon.
5. In the bulletin you will find the full schedule for Simbang Gabi, a pre-Christmas novena sponsored by our Filipino Community. All parishioners are cordially invited to participate.
6. Those 16-20 who are interested in Confirmation should contact Fr. Ramon as soon as possible. Archbishop Brunett will celebrate Confirmation Holy Family on April 28.
7. Special thanks to our school children and faculty for their Christmas Food Drive. Currently they are collecting items for Angelorum Pregnancy Services. Please see School News in our bulletin for more information.
8. If you are able to purchase a Christmas present for a needy family, please take a slip from one of the baskets at the church entrances. Our parish St. Vincent de Paul and Madre Teresa group will distribute the gifts. Please bring them unwrapped to the church by December 16. Also they are receiving non-perishable food items for distribution to needy families.
9. Do you know someone who formely participated in Holy Family Parish? Fr. Bloom will be sending out letters inviting them to "Come Home for Christmas." Slips are available at the entrances to write down the names and addresses of people to whom you would like Fr. Bloom to send a letter. The slips need to be returned by December 14.
10. In the vestibule of the Church is bulletin board requesting prayers for soldiers who are serving overseas. If you have a relative, friend or loved one who is serving in a foreign country, please bring their picture to post so that we might all for them.
11. Monday December 8, Feast of the Immaculate Conception, is a Holy Day of Obligation. Masses will be celebrated at 8:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. in English. 7:30 p.m. in Spanish. On Friday, Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe, Mass in English will be at 8:30 a.m.
12. Scrip is for sale after Sunday morning Masses. Use Scrip for your Thanksgiving shopping and also for Christmas gifts. It costs nothing extra and is a great way to support our school and parish.