Announcements (December 31, 2000)
1. Our two-bit collection today is for the Mary Bloom Center in Peru. Your donations will help children and families in a very poor area of Peru. The Mary Bloom Center seeks to strengthen family life by promoting Catholic teaching regarding marriage, family and children. Your contributions are appreciated.
2. Thank you for your donations last Sunday for Helper's of God's Precious Infants. $526 were donated to aid to support this pro-life effort. Special thanks for your donations on Christmas for our parish St. Vincent de Paul Society. A total of $742 was given to aid the needy in our own parish neighborhood.
3. Thank you for your Sacrificial Giving for Holy Family Parish. In the first collection last Sunday and on Christmas. A total of $21,832 were donated. This puts us within four thousand of our December(mid year) goal of $295,274 which we should surpass with this Sunday's collection. We will give full results in next Sunday's bulletin and we hope to soon have a financial summary for the year 2000. Of course we encourage and appreciate your support as well enter the New Year.
4. Thanks you to all who donated for the beautiful Christmas flowers. The list of memorials is found in the red insert of today's bulletin.
5. Today our official parish pilgrimage to St. James Cathedral. Please come to the Cathedral at 4 p.m. for the Vespers and Benediction service.
6. We will have a bilingual Mass on New Year's Eve at 11 p.m. All are invited to join that Mass as the best way to begin the Third Millennium.
7. RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults) will be meet Thursday evening at 7 p.m. in the Ailbe House Library.
8. Darcy Hemstad, R.N. will be here on Saturday, Jan 6 to offer instructions on the use of the Billings Method of Natural Family Planning, 10 a.m. in the Ailbe House library.
9. The parish liturgy committee will meet on Friday, January 12, 6 p.m. in the rectory.
10. Pre-marriage classes begin on January 14 at 7 p.m.. If you plan on getting married in 2001, please come to this course.
11. On the weekend of January 6-7 Fr. Victor Warkulwiz will be speaking at all Masses about Eucharistic Adoration. In the past couple of years, we have received so many blessing as a parish and individual families through prayer before the Blessed Sacrament. I encourage you to make Eucharistic Adoration an integral part of your spiritual life in the coming year.
12. A special thanks to the family of Irene Alm who donated the aspergilum (holy water sprinkler) in her memory.
13. Boston College Professor of Philosophy, Peter Kreeft, will be giving a lecture entitled "How to Win the Culture War" on Monday January 8 at Seattle Pacific University (Gwinn Commons) at 7:30 p.m. Call Discovery Institute 206-292-0401 for more information.
14. For long range planning: Archbishop Brunett will ordain Armando Perez as a transitional deacon July 15, 10 a.m. here in Holy Family Parish.
15. El arzobispo Brunett celebrará el sacramento de confirmación en nuestra parroquia el 15 de mayo a las 7 p.m.