Announcements (December 28, 2003)
1. Our Christmas two-bit collection this Sunday is for the Mary Bloom Center in Peru. Named for Fr. Bloom's mom, The Mary Bloom Center is an educational and medical clinic which assists the needy in Puno, Peru. Thank you for donations last Sunday for Lot purchase and on Christmas for our St. Vincent de Paul Society. $917 were donated toward the payment of the newly acquired lot.
2. Again special thanks to those who made donations to the Sharon Carriere Memorial Fund. This fund will be used for repairs and refurbishing the Ailbe House, especially the libary which will be rededicated in memory of Sharon next June. $715 have been donated so far to this fund. Any donations in memory of Sharon are gratefully received.
3. This Saturday evening our Stewardship Committee is hosting a free dinner. All are welcome.
4. We need help with our Annual Auction. Please see the notice in the bulletin regarding needed items.
5. Those 16-20 who are interested in Confirmation should contact Fr. Ramon as soon as possible. Archbishop Brunett will celebrate Confirmation Holy Family on April 28.
6. Also, parents of younger children, who wish to receive First Communion, may contact Fr. Ramon or call the parish office
7. The next baptism classes will be held January 12 and 19th at 7 p.m. in the Ailbe House.
8. This Wednesday we will have a bilingual Mass for New Years Eve. It will begin at 11 p.m. There will be confessions before the Mass from 8 to 10 p.m. Also there will be an English Mass on New Year's Day at 11 a.m.
9. If you have not yet turned in your questionaire for the Feasibility Study, you still have a few more days. Our Parish Council will analyze the results of the study and make a recommendation regarding a Feasibility Study. Please turn in your questionaire by Friday, January 2.
10. Scrip is for sale after Sunday morning Masses. Scrip makes a great Christmas gift. It costs nothing extra and is a great way to support our school and parish.