Announcements (December 25, 2003)
1. Our Christmas two-bit collection will to our parish St. Vincent de Paul Society to assist the needy in our own neighborhood. Last Saturday, our St. Vincent de Paul, together with our Madre Teresa group, distributed food and Christmas gifts to needy families. Your donations enable them to continue their work.
2. I want to thank those who made special donations to the Sharon Carriere Memorial Fund. This fund will be used for repairs and refurbishing the Ailbe House, especially the libary which will be rededicated in memory of Sharon next June. $715 have been donated so far to this fund. Any donations in memory of Sharon are gratefully received.
3. Next Saturday evening our Stewardship Committee is hosting a free dinner. All are welcome.
4. In the vestibule of the Church is bulletin board requesting prayers for soldiers who are serving overseas. If you have a relative, friend or loved one who is serving in a foreign country, please bring their picture to post so that we might all pray for them.
5. Those 16-20 who are interested in Confirmation should contact Fr. Ramon as soon as possible. Archbishop Brunett will celebrate Confirmation Holy Family on April 28.
6. Also, parents of younger children, who wish to receive First Communion, may contact Fr. Ramon or call the parish office
7. This Sunday is the feast of the Holy Family - our parish patronal feast. Masses in English will be celebrated at the normal times: Saturday 5 p.m., Sunday 8 and 11 a.m.
8. Next Wednesday we will have a bilingual Mass for New Years Eve. It will begin at 11 p.m. There will be confessions before the Mass from 8 to 10 p.m.
9. A special thank you to all those who worked so hard on our Christmas Masses - those who did the beautiful decoration, those who served as liturgical ministers - and the choir members for their wonderful musis.