Announcements (December 24, 2000)
1. Our two-bit collection today is for Helper's of God's Precious Infants, a local organization which promotes respect for the dignity of each human life. Their billboards have a positive impact, as well as their other pro-life activities. Your contributions will help this worthy cause.
2. Thank you for your donations last Sunday for the girls' orphanage in Puno, Peru. $567 weree donated to aid the Vincentian Daughters of Charity in their care of about sixty orphan girls, ages 1 thru 17.
3. Thank you for your Sacrificial Giving for Holy Family Parish. In last Sunday's first collection $16,275 were given (all six Masses). This puts us within twenty-four thousand dollars of our December goal of $295,274. With your generosity today, Christmas annd next Sunday we can reach and even exceed our goal for the first six months of our fiscal year.
4. Thanks you to all who donated for the beautiful Christmas flowers. The list of memorials is found in the red insert of today's bulletin.
5. Christmas Eve Masses are 5 and 9 p.m. in English, 6:30 p.m. in Spanish and 11 p.m. in Filipino. On Christmas day (Monday) there will be Mass in English at 11 a.m., Spanish at 12:30.
6. The daily Masses for this week will be at regular times: 8:30 on Tuesday, Thurs, and Fri, 6 p.m. on Wed and 7 p.m. Wed in Spanish. Hours for Adoration of The Blessed Sacrament will be as normal.
7. Next Sunday is Holy Family Sunday, the date for our official parish pilgrimage to St. James Cathedral. It will involve Vespers and Benediction at 4 pm. in the Cathedral. To obtain the Jubilee Indulgence for yourself (or for a deceased loved one) it is necessary to have made an individual and integral confession. Fr. Ramon Velasco and I will be available for confession on Wednesday evening at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday morning, 9 a.m. till all are heard. We will be using the reconciliation room and a tradition confessional.
8. We will have a bilingual Mass on New Year's Eve at 11 p.m. All are invited to join that Mass as the best way to begin the Third Millennium.
9. Darcy Hemstad, R.N. will be here on Saturday, Jan 6 to offer instructions on the use of the Billings Method of Natural Family Planning, 10 a.m. in the Ailbe House library.
10. Pre-marriage classes begin on January 14 at 7 p.m.. If you plan on getting married in 2001, please come to this course.
11. On the weekend of January 6-7 Fr. Victor Warkulwiz will be speaking at all Masses about Eucharistic Adoration. In the past couple of years, we have received so many blessing as a parish and individual families through prayer before the Blessed Sacrament. I encourage you to make Eucharistic Adoration an integral part of your spiritual life in the coming year.
12. A special thanks to the family of Irene Alm who donated the holy water sprinkler in her memory.
13. For long range planning: Archbishop Brunett will ordain Armando Perez as a transitional deacon July 15, 10 a.m. here in Holy Family Parish.
14. El arzobispo Brunett celebrará el sacramento de confirmación en nuestra parroquia el 15 de mayo a las 7 p.m.