Announcements (December 21, 2003)
1. Today's two-bit collection will go toward the payment for our newly acquired lot. As you can see, the property has been almost completely cleared. Again a special thanks to Tien Le for volunteering this equipment and time for this project.
2. Thank you for your donations last weekend which will go toward the debt on the boilers - $938 were given during the seven weekend Masses.
3. In the bulletin you will find a green flier regarding the Feasibility Study. We have concluded all the personal interviews, but still have not received a sufficient number of questionnaires. Thus, we are extending the deadline until Thursday, January 1. The parish council is depending on all parishioners to share their opinions in order to make a good decision regarding a possible capital campaign for our facility needs. If you misplaced your questionnaire (or did not receive one), additional copies are available in the vestibule and at the entrances of the church. We know that this is a very busy time, but we ask you to please take a few minutes to fill out the questionnaire and return it to the office or drop it in the collection. Thank you.
4. In the vestibule of the Church is bulletin board requesting prayers for soldiers who are serving overseas. If you have a relative, friend or loved one who is serving in a foreign country, please bring their picture to post so that we might all pray for them.
5. In the bulletin is the schedule for the remaining Simbang Gabi Masses. All parishioners are cordially invited to participate.
6. Those 16-20 who are interested in Confirmation should contact Fr. Ramon as soon as possible. Archbishop Brunett will celebrate Confirmation Holy Family on April 28.
7. Also, parents of younger children, who wish to receive First Communion, may contact Fr. Ramon or call the parish office
8. Thank you to all who purchased Christmas presents and donated food for needy families. Our parish St. Vincent de Paul and Madre Teresa group distributed the gifts on Saturday. The two-bit collection during Christmas Masses will go toward our St. Vincent de Paul Society to help the needy in our neighborhood.
9. Please notice the schedule for Christmas and New Years Masses. On Christmas Eve we will have a Children's Mass at 5 p.m. and a Midnight Mass preceded by a Service of Lessons and Carols beginning at 11 p.m. To help decorate the church for Christmas please bring poinsettas in memory of a loved one from this Sunday afternoon until Dec. 23.
10. This Wednesday (Christmas Eve) there will be confessions for 10 a.m. till noon and from 3 to 4 p.m.
11. Next Saturday evening our Stewardship Committee is hosting a free dinner. And this Sunday after the morning Masses a free ham and pancake breakfast.
12. Scrip is for sale after Sunday morning Masses. Scrip makes a great Christmas gift. It costs nothing extra and is a great way to support our school and parish.