Announcements (December 14, 2003)
1. Today's two-bit collection will go toward the payment of the boiler debt. Thank you for your donations last weekend - $998 - for our newly acquired lote.
2. In the bulletin you will find a blue flier regarding the Feasibility Study. It will conclude this Tuesday, December 16. If you have not yet returned your questionnaire, please do so by Tuesday. In January and February, the Parish Council will analyze the results of the study in order to make a recommendation regarding a capital campaign for facility needs.
3. The Christmas wreaths (greenery) have arrived - now available at the school basement on Sunday and in the back of the church sat night. If you have ordered please pick up and any one interested in purchasing on please come over. Thank you
4. Our Knights of Columbus are hosting a Pancake and French Toast Breakfast after the morning Masses this Sunday. Pancakes, French toast, sausages, juice and coffee all for the modest price of $4. Also please set aside the evening of January 31 for the annual Crab Dinner and Dance. Tickets will be available soon.
5. In the bulletin you will find the full schedule for Simbang Gabi, a pre-Christmas novena sponsored by our Filipino Community. All parishioners are cordially invited to participate. Also please notice the schedule for Christmas and New Years Masses. To help decorate the church for Christmas please bring poinsettas in memory of a loved one from Sunday Dec. 21 until Dec. 23.
6. Those 16-20 who are interested in Confirmation should contact Fr. Ramon as soon as possible. Archbishop Brunett will celebrate Confirmation Holy Family on April 28.
7. This Thursday Holy Family School children will present their annual Christmas concert. It will take place at 6:30 p.m. here in the church.
8. If you are able to purchase a Christmas present for a needy family, please take a slip from one of the baskets at the church entrances. Our parish St. Vincent de Paul and Madre Teresa group will distribute the gifts. Please bring them unwrapped to the church by December 16. Also they are receiving non-perishable food items for distribution to needy families.
9. Do you know someone who formely participated in Holy Family Parish? Fr. Bloom will be sending out letters inviting them to "Come Home for Christmas." Slips are available at the entrances to write down the names and addresses of people to whom you would like Fr. Bloom to send a letter. The slips need to be returned by December 14.
10. In the vestibule of the Church is bulletin board requesting prayers for soldiers who are serving overseas. If you have a relative, friend or loved one who is serving in a foreign country, please bring their picture to post so that we might all for them.
11. Next weekend we will host a free dinner on Saturday evening and a free breakfast on Sunday morning. Please fill out the white slip in the bulletin so we can plan accordingly.
12. Scrip is for sale after Sunday morning Masses. Use Scrip for your Thanksgiving shopping and also for Christmas gifts. It costs nothing extra and is a great way to support our school and parish.