Annnouncements, August 8, 1999
1. The two-bit collection this Sunday is for St. Joseph's Church in Yakima. Most of you have heard about the terrible fire there last week. This collection is a gesture of support and solidarity for our brothers and sisters there.
2. Thank you for your donations last Sunday for Highline Hospital's new chapel. $423 were donated.
3. There will be a barbecue and discussion for young men, ages 14-25, on Saturday, Aug. 14, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The barbecue will be provided by our Knights of Columbus and will be hosted by Deacon Derek Lappe. Please give a call to rectory for more information or to notify us of your attendance.
4. There will be an informational gathering on the most modern method of natural family plannning, its philosophy, effectiveness and scientific basis, Saturday, September 11 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Providence Medical Center, 500 17th Ave. Seattle. Engaged and married couples as well as single adults are welcome. Follow up will be available for those who wish to know more about the Billings Method of Natural Family Planning. For further information, please call Cheryl McCoy, 206-382-4593 or 1-800-950-4970.
5. The next meeting of Courage (a support group for men & women experiencing homosexual inclinations who want to live the Catholic teaching on chastity) will be Friday, August 20, at Holy Family Rectory, 9622-20th Ave. SW, Seattle, 206-767-6220.
6. The St. Vincent de Paul Society barbecue and silent auction will be next Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Please see the bulletin for more information.
7. If you have not heard already, you will read in this Sunday's bulletin that our Pastoral Associate for Administration, Mr. Greg McNabb will be going to St. Anthony's in Renton. There will be a chance to say good-bye to Greg after the Masses on August 29. During this interim time we are fortunate to have the help of one of our parishioners, Mr. Tom Swim, who will be working with our bookeeper in keeping track of parish finance.