Announcements (August 31, 2003)
1. Our two-bit collection this Sunday is for Deanery Detention Ministry. Your donations will help support the work of Catholic chaplains who minister in prisons and jails, particularly King County Jail. Each parish in the deanery is assessed a certain amount for this work - your donations will help us pay that necessary assessment.
2. Thank you for your donations last weekend for Deanery Hospital Ministry. $1022 were given in tht two-bit collections. Your donations will help support the work of Catholic chaplains who minister at Harborview, Swedish, Virginia Mason and Providence Hospitals.
3. Holy Family School still has openings for the 2003-2004 school year: pre-K, Kindergarden, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 7th & 8th grades. You can pick up an application at our school or parish office. School orientation night for new families this Thursday, August 27 at 7 p.m.
4. There will be a Labor Day Mass this Monday at the regular daily Mass time - 8:30 a.m.
5. This Thursday, September 6, is First Thursday. Frs. Bloom and Velasco will be available for confessions from 6 to 8 p.m.
6. Friday, Sept 7, is First Friday. Mass in English will be at 8:30 a.m. and in Spanish at 7:30 p.m.
7. We are forming a children's choir for our 5 p.m. Saturday evening Mass. All school age children are invited to join. Please contact Pat Waite. Her number is in the bulletin.
8. Inquiry classes for adults or older children interested in joining the Catholic Church or returning to the faith, will begin on September 11. Please call Lin Fulwiler to register. Lin's number is in the bulletin.
9. The parish raffle is kicking off. First prize will be $3000, second, one thousand and third, five hundred dollars. Tickets are two dollars each and $35 for a book of twenty. You may purchase your tickets in the parish office or on the raffle table in the vestibule.
10. Please see the bulletin announcement regarding the Holy Family Auction. Our goal is to raise $80 thousand - we need the support of all parishioners.
11. This weekend will will have registrations for Religious Education Classes and for First Reconciliation and First Communion. Please contact Fr. Ramon for further information.
12. For adults we have a Bible Study/Rosary group on Sunday evenings at 7 p.m. For more information contact Joe Bruce whose number is in the bulletin.
13. Holy Family T-Shirts and Sweatshirts are for sale after Mass.
14. Scrip will be available after the morning Masses. Scrip can be used to purchase gasoline, food and many other necessary items. It costs you nothing more and is a great way to support our school and parish.