Announcements (August 29, 1999)
1. This week's two-bit collection is for our Holy Family School Scholarship Fund. It will help children from families with limited resources to be able to attend our parish school.
2. Thank you for your donations to last Sunday's two-bit collection for the Victims of the earthquake in Turkey. $1,198 were given which will be enable Catholic Relief Services to provide emergency housing and health assistance for those affected by this natural disaster.
3. Please also notice in the bulletin that we have set up a fund for the Antonio Moreno family of our parish. After his death last Sunday morning his wife now faces the task of raising her five daughters, ages 14 to 2. Any help you can give will be appreciated.
4. At the same time we remind you of the importance of supporting Holy Family Parish through your sacrificial giving. We need the help of every parishioner in order to maintain our programs and face the different challenges of being a strong Christian community. Your donations in the first collection enable us to meet those goals.
5. Please notice in the bulletin the information regarding faith formation, especially the upcoming Rite of Christian Initiation Classes. If you know someone who is interested in the Catholic faith, invite them or better yet, bring them to the class which begins Wednesday, September 15th.
6. Our parish school begins classes this Monday, August 30. At the same time will be having faith formation classes for all the children of our parish. Please see the green flier in the bulletin.
7. There is also a flier with information regarding the Natural Family Planning course at Providence Medical Center. This is a great opportunity for engaged and married couples to learn this safe, responsible and spiritually beneficial method which both enables spacing of children and help for couples who are facing infertility problems. The course is free and will provide opportunity for follow up.
8. Please come to the hall after the Sunday morning Masses for the farewell in honor of Mr. Greg McNabb who has served this parish so well these past four years.
9. Sunday afternoon there will be a presentation on the permanent diaconate from 2 to 4 in our parish hall.