Announcements (August 22, 1999)
1. This Sunday's two-bit collection is for the victims of the earthquake in Turkey. Catholic Relief Services, which was immediately on the scene after the earthquake, reports that the most pressing needs are sanitation, shelter and health. Your contributions will aid the families affected by this disaster.
2. Thank you for your contributions last Sunday for the Mary Bloom Center in Peru. $500.10 were donated and will be used to aid children and needy families in Southern Peru, especially by education to strengthen family life. The Center specializes in teaching Natural Family Planning and its values to married couples and medical personnel.
3. Our regular collection last Sunday was $8566.93. This is the total from our six weekend Masses. We appreciate your support to maintain our parish programs and for the necessary maintenance of our buildings.
4. There will be an informational gathering on the most modern method of natural family plannning, its philosophy, effectiveness and scientific basis, Saturday, September 11 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Providence Medical Center, 500 17th Ave. Seattle. Engaged and married couples as well as single adults are welcome. Follow up will be available for those who wish to know more about the Billings Method of Natural Family Planning. For further information, please call Cheryl McCoy, 206-382-4593 or 1-800-950-4970.
5. Please see the Faith Formation section of our bulletin for important information regarding: Infant Baptism classes, Rite of Christian Inititiation of Adults which begins in September, the 8 a.m. Mass Youth Choir and Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament.
6. Next Saturday there will be a School Clean-Up from nine to noon. Please see the bulletin for full information.
7. Due to staff changes at Holy Family, our front office is in need or one or two volunteers to help with office work for a few hours of the week. If you enjoy people, using the the telephone and have some time to share with us, please call Sharon at the rectory, 767-6220.
8. Next Sunday afternoon there will be an Archdiocesan presentation on the Permanent Diaconate. It will take place form 2 - 4 p.m. in our parish hall. All are welcome.
9. After the morning Masses next Sunday there will be farewell gathering to thank Mr. Greg McNabb for the work he has done here during the past four years. Please drop by to give your best wishes to Greg as he moves to a new challenge.
10. We remember in our prayers this weekend a young man from our parish, Peter Mactutis, who this week will begin seminary studies at Mount Angel in Oregon. Other seminarians from Holy Family are Than Dao and Rodrigo Chavez. We pray for them and all young men studying for the priesthood.
11. This is the last Sunday for Deacon Derek Lappe in our parish. He will be spending some time with his family before he returns to Rome for his final year of studies before ordination to the priesthood. We are most grateful for Deacon Derek's wonderful ministry with us this summer and will keep him in our prayers as he prepares for service as a priest of the archdiocese of Seattle.
Germaine Greer on Birth Control
Stem Cell Research: Teaching of Bible & Catholic Church
Human Cloning: A Catholic Perspective (How the Unthinkable Became Inevitable)