Announcements (August 19, 2001)
1. Our two-bit collection this Sunday is for Dominican Mission Foundation. They are here as part of the bi-annual Missionary Cooperation Plan of the Archdiocese. Please be generous in supporting their missionary work.
2. Thank you for your contributions last weekend for Priests for Life. $1712 were donated to support Fr. Denis Wilde and the other priests dedicated to this vital apostolate.
3. Our parish festival will take place Saturday, September 8, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please see the pink flier in the bulletin for more information.
4. You are invited to the celebration of Vespers, Benediction and Procession with Blessed Sacrament every Sunday afternoon at 4:30 p.m.
5. Flower Offering Envelopes are in the pews. You may use them to make an offering in memory of a loved one. Donations will be used to purchase flowers which adorn the altar.
6. We are currently in the process of forming a new parish council. Nominations will be accepted during the next three weekends. If you know a good potential candidate - or if you are interested yourself - please fill out the nomination forms available in the church. You may place your nomination in the collection basket or drop it off at the rectory. Candidates for the parish council must be available to attend a bilingual retreat on October 6 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., the parish wide listening session on Oct. 11, 7 to 9 p.m. and a monthly meeting. Council membership will be a three year commitment. (Meetings will not take place during the summer months.) Members must be Catholics in good standing who can assist the pastor in identifying needs and goals of the overall parish.
7. If you have a digital camera, in good condition that takes high quality pictures, that you wish to donate to the parish, please see Vernon Wells. We are seeking a digital camera to take pictures for our parish website.
8. The parish office will be closed this Monday on account of a staff retreat day.
9. Darcy Hemstad, R.N., will be available for introduction to the Billings Method of Natural Family Planning and chart review on Sunday, September 9 at 1:45 p.m. in the Ailbe House Library. For information on the Billings Method of Family Planning please call WOOMB Northwest at 206-ASK-4BOM (275-4266).
10. (Sunday Morning Masses) Scrip is for sale after Mass. Scrip is just like a gift certificate. Please see the Scrip Tips in the bulletin for how it may be purchased for a wedding gift or other type of present. The recepient will be able to buy what they want and will be pleased to help out Holy Family at the same time.