Announcements (August 17, 2003)
1. Our two-bit collection this Sunday is for our parish St. Vincent de Paul. Your donations will help the needy in our own parish neighborhood.
2. Thank you for your donations last weekend for paying our boiler debt. $1,232 were given during our seven weekend Masses. Also thank you for your donations for the Sanctuary Rail - and for parish property purchase. A special thanks to the volunteers who cleared the lot. If you are able to volunteer to help with parish landscaping, please call Tom Weber at the parish office.
3. Holy Family School still has openings for the 2003-2004 school year: pre-K, Kindergarden, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 7th & 8th grades. You can pick up an application at our school or parish office. School orientation night is August 27 at 7 p.m.
4. We had a great first session of the summer Bible camp in July. The next session (for children 6 to 12) begins this Monday, August 18.
5. We are forming a children's choir for our 5 p.m. Saturday evening Mass. All school age children are invited to join. Please contact Pat Waite. Her number is in the bulletin.
6. Please plan on participating in our annual Parish Picnic next Saturdy, August 23, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The picnic will feature Philippine, Mexican and American food, pizza and ice cream. craft booths, used book sales, bingo, games and races, book signing by author of Ring of Dark Elves. If you can help with games, a craft booth or other activity, please call Betty, Ann or Mary whose numbers are in the bulletin.
7. Inquiry classes for adults or older children interested in joining the Catholic Church or returning to the faith, will begin on September 11. Please call Lin Fulwiler to register. Lin's number is in the bulletin.
8. We are still accepting registrations for CYO Fall Soccer season for children kindergarten through 8th grade. Please see the announcement in the bulletin and call Helene Romero for futher information.
9. We need two more people who could donate their time as money counters, once every three weeks on Mondays. If you are able to help, please call our parish office.
10. This Thursday Scott Bader and Rick Fresch from the Archdiocese will meet with the members of Parish Council, School Commission and Finance Council to discuss parish stewardship. Please pray for the success of this important meeting.
11. Next weekend will will have registrations for Religious Education Classes and for First Reconciliation and First Communion. We will also be taking registrations during the Parish Picnic. Please contact Fr. Ramon for further information.
12. Holy Family T-Shirts and Sweatshirts are for sale after Mass.
13. Scrip will be available after the morning Masses. Scrip can be used to purchase gasoline, food and many other necessary items. It costs you nothing more and is a great way to support our school and parish.