Announcements (August 15, 1999)
1. The two-bit collection this Sunday is for the Mary Bloom Center in Peru. This Center helps needy children and families in a very poor part of Peru. Your donations enable children to attend school, received basic medicine and nutrition. Your support is deeply appreciated. The Mary Bloom Center is named for Fr. Bloom's mom.
2. Thank you for your contributions last Sunday for St. Joseph's Church in Yakima.. $423.15 were donated to assist the parishioners in repairing the church after the severe fire damage.
3. There will be a Youth and Young Adult Retreat next weekend at St. Mary's in Anacortes. Please see the bulletin for more information and how to register.
4. We need volunteers for Adoration of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament. More information is available in the bulletin.
5. If you know someone who is interested in becoming a Catholic, please notify them of our upcoming RCIA program. The first evening in the fall will be Wednesday, September 15.
6. There will be an informational gathering on the most modern method of natural family plannning, its philosophy, effectiveness and scientific basis, Saturday, September 11 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Providence Medical Center, 500 17th Ave. Seattle. Engaged and married couples as well as single adults are welcome. Follow up will be available for those who wish to know more about the Billings Method of Natural Family Planning. For further information, please call Cheryl McCoy, 206-382-4593 or 1-800-950-4970.
7. The next meeting of Courage (a support group for men & women experiencing homosexual inclinations who want to live the Catholic teaching on chastity) will be Friday, August 20, at Holy Family Rectory, 9622-20th Ave. SW, Seattle, 206-767-6220.
8. Deacon Derek Lappe will host an evening just for Altar Servers, complete with prayer, a brief discussion about praying and serving Mass and Pizza! It will be Tuesday, August 24, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
9. The Holy Family School Uniform Exchange will be August 23 & 25. Please see the bulletin for details.
10. Due to staff changes at Holy Family, our front office is in need or one or two volunteers to help with office work for a few hours of the week. If you enjoy people, using the the telephone and have some time to share with us, please call Sharon at the rectory, 767-6220.
11. As of last Sunday 309 families have signed up for our Parish Pictorial Directory. If you have not yet scheduled a time, please do so right after Mass today.