Announcements (April 8, 2001)
1. Our two-bit collection this Sunday is for our parish St. Vincent de Paul Society. You donations will aid the needy in our own neighborhood. Please be generous.
2. Thank you for your contributions to last week's two-bit collection to assist three parish in the Archdiocese damaged by the Ash Wednesday earthquake: Immaculate Conception, Seattle; St. Mary's Aberdeen and Immaculate Heart of Mary, Kelso. Because these parishes do not have the means to cover the insurance deductible of $200,000, Archbishop Brunett is asking other parishes throughout the Archdiocese to assist them. $499 were donated from Holy Amily. .
3. On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of Holy Week there will be Mass at 8:30 in the morning. Also there will be Mass Wednesday evening at 6 p.m. in English and 7 p.m. in Spanish.
4. This Thursday evening we will celebrate a bilingual Mass of the Last Supper at 7 p.m. The Mass will conclude with the Procession of the Blessed Sacrament and Eucharistic Adoration.
5. On Good Friday Living Stations of the Cross will be presented at 11:15 a.m. in the church. The Celebration of the Lord's Passion will take place at 6 p.m. (English) and 8 p.m. (Spanish).
6. On Holy Saturday the church will be open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. for those who wish to offer Condolences to the Blessed Virgin Mary. Also from 3 to 5 p.m. Fr. Bloom and Fr. Velasco will be available for confessions. There will also be confessions Wednesday evening beginning at 7:30 p.m.
7. The climax of Holy Week - and of the liturgical year - is the Easter Vigil. It will include the Service of Light, Baptism of adults, youth and children - as well as the opportunity for each of us to renew of our baptismal promises. The Easter Vigil will begin at 9 p.m. with the lighting of the new fire which will take place at the Roxbury entrance of the church. Easter Sunday Masses will be at the regular times - 8 and 11 a.m. in English.
8. There is a Bible Study for high school students and young adults on Sunday evenings. Please contact Vernon Wells or the parish office for more details.
9. The Ailbe House chapel is now open seven days a week for Eucharistic Adoration. If you are able to volunteer for an hour or adoration, please contact Joe Vandemark, Betty Weller or Greg Miller.
10. Fr. Jesse Loretz and Fr. Jaime Tolang are offering a study of the Bible and Catechism of the Catholic Church at Immaculate Conception Church in Seattle. Full details are in the bulletin.
11. Sacred Heart Radio of Seattle has excellent programs to help understand and defend your Catholic faith. Tune your radio to 1050 AM to hear Catholic Essesntials, Reasons for Faith and other excellent programs.
12. Copies of National Catholic Register are available at the entrances of the Church. For a one dollar donation you may take one home. If you like it, consider subscribing.
13. Scrip is for sale after Mass. Scrip can be ordered for use at various stores in our area. Also you may purchase the book, Abundance of Grace, History of the Archdiocese of Seattle, 1850-2000 for $25. Proceeds will go to our school renovation project.