Announcements (April 6, 2003)
1. Our second collection is for debt reduction. Thank you for your contributions last weekend for the American Bishops Overseas Appeal which supports Catholic Relief Services and other agencies. A total of $2,807 was given. (This is different from the number in the bulletin - which does not include checks.) CRS is working closely with the Catholic Church in Iraq to provide supplemental feeding, potable water, medicines, as well as vocational training. Your Rice Bowl contributions will also support this vital work.
2. This coming Friday, April 11, is the last chance to participate in Soup Nights, beginning at 5:45 p.m. in the Ailbe House Youth room. Please come for soup and join in the Stations of the Cross following at 7 p.m. in the Church.
3. Lent is a beautiful time for Eucharistic Adoration. The Ailbe House Chapel is open twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, except Wednesday, when Adoration takes place in the church. Note: On Wednesdays of Lent, Children's Way of the Cross at 2:15 p.m. in the Church.
4. We are currently enrolling for the 2003-2004 school year. Please call our school or parish office for more information.
5. Please notice the announcement regarding the Family Night Auction, next Saturday, April 5. Doors open 5:30 p.m. Admission is Free, Bid Cards are $5.00. Family Night offers us the opportunity to become better acquainted as a community. There will be Fun, Food, and Games for whole family. Please come to the parish hall next Saturday evening to support our school and parish.
6. The Bible Study/Rosary Prayer Group continues to meet every Sunday evening at 7 p.m. All are welcome.
7. Holy Family Parish children (grade levels 4-8) are welcome to join Holy Family Track and Field program? Contact Maggie Levesque at 935-6340. $25 registration fee. Practices are happening now. Track meets begin in May.
8. Baptism classes will take place on April 14 and 21 in the Ailbe House Library. Next baptism of infants and small children will be celebrated on Sunday, April 27 at 2:30 p.m.
9. Marriage classes begin on Sunday, April 27 at 4 p.m. Engaged couples - or couples who desire to have their marriage blessed - should call Sharon Carriere at the parish office.
10. The Filipino reading of the Passion will begin next Saturday at 6 a.m. in the school hall. It will continue all morning and afternoon. All are invited to stop by.
11. Also next Saturday our annual Parish Spring Clean beginning at 9 a.m. Please see the flier in today's bulletin.
12. Easter Lilies may be donated to the church in memory of a loved one. In Memoriam labels are available at the church entrances.
13. Next Sunday is Palm Sunday. The Mass schedule will be as normal except for the final Spanish Mass which will be celebrated at 1:30 p.m. to avoid parking congestion after the 11 a.m. Mass. The entire Holy Week schedule is in this Sunday's bulletin.
14. Scrip will be available after the morning Masses. Scrip can be used to purchase gasoline, food and many other necessary items. It costs you nothing more and is a great way to support our school and parish.