Announcements (April 28, 2002)
1. Our two-bit collection this Sunday is for the St. Martin de Porres Shelter which serves the homeless here in Seattle.
2. Thank you for your contributions last Sunday for Society of St. James the Apostles. The $840 donated will help diocesan priests from the United States who serve in Latin America, working among the poor of Bolivia and Peru.
3. This Thursday is the First Thursday of May. The Sacrament of Reconciliation will be available from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. in our Church.
4. Please join our school children at the 8:30 a.m. Mass this Friday for the Mary Crowning of Mary.
5. Pre-Marriage classes begin on Sunday, April 28, at 4 p.m. in the rectory. It is possible to register at the door.
6. The Northwest Eucharistic Marian Conference will be held next weekend, May 3-5 at St. Joseph Center in Mount Vernon. Please see the bulletin for more information.
7. Next Sunday is Commitment Sunday for the Annual Catholic Appeal. Last year 621 Holy Family parishioners participated with an average pledge of $111. Our goal set by the Archdiocese is $51,457, but we have a parish target of $75,000 to enable us to respond to more specific parish needs.
8. Our Ailbe House chapel is open seven days a week, twenty four hours a day for Eucharistic Adoration (except for Wednesdays, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. when Adoration takes place in the main church). You are cordially invited to participate in this beautiful prayer before Jesus, truly present in the Blessed Sacrament.
9. Attention Junior High and High School Students. You are invited to take part in our parish youth groups. Please see the bulletin or contact Vernon Wells at the parish office for further information.
10. This weeks bulletin contains several important inserts, including a letter and an official communication from Archbishop Brunett regarding the child abuse issue. Also you will find the statement of Pope John Paul to U.S. Cardinals and bishops. I encourage you to read this material carefully and thoughtfully.
11. There are still some seats available for our school play UFO-2, written and directed by Mr. Pat Butler. It will be performed Saturday, April 27 at 7:30 p.m., Sunday, April 28 at 3 p.m.; May 3 at 7:30 p.m. and a special dinner - theater on Saturday, May 4.
12. Scrip is for sale after Mass. Please use scrip for your shopping at local stores. It will cost you nothing extra and is an effective way of supporting your parish and its school. Also you may order Holy Family Sweatshirts and T-shirts.