Announcements (April 27, 2003)
1. Our two-bit collection will go toward the purchase of the lot between our main parking lot and 98th St. SW. If you have filled out your pledge envelope, please place it in this collection. You may also drop it by the rectory or bring it next Sunday. As of Saturday morning, 87 parishioners made pledges totally $38,740. Because of this response, the Archdiocese took the necessary steps to acquire this property for the future use of Holy Family Parish. The final price is $119 thousand. Your pledge will enable us to pay for this valuable lot without greatly increasing our parish indebtedness. Thank you.
2. This year our response to the Annual Catholic Appeal will tie in with the property purchase. Everything raised over our parish goal will go toward paying for the lot on 98th St. Please read carefully the materials sent by the Archbishop and by Fr. Bloom, as well as the bulletin insert and announcement in this Sunday's bulletin.
3. Congratulations to the children who received their first Holy Communion on Saturday morning and to their parents. The names of the children are in the bulletin. Pray for them and for all our children and families.
4. This Thurday, May 1, is First Thursday. There will be confession in our church from 6-8 p.m.
5. Please note the bulletin announcement regarding the Youth in Spirit Retreat which will take place May 16-18. It is for youth ages 13-21.
6. We need for volunteer receptionists during lunchtime and from 5 - 7 p.m. and Saturday mornings. Call Tom Weber for more information.
7. The Bible Study/Rosary Prayer Group continues to meet every Sunday evening at 7 p.m. All are welcome.
8. Marriage classes begin this Sunday, April 27 at 4 p.m. in the Ailbe House. Please pray for the engaged couples and married couples from our parish who will be guiding them.
9. Beginning this Friday, May 2, 7 p.m. our school children will present the play, "Broadway or Bust." Please contact our school or parish office for more information and tickets. Other performance of the musical will be Saturday, May 3, 7 p.m.; Sunday May 4, 3 p.m. and Dinner Theater, Saturday, May 10, 6 p.m. 10.
11. On May 29, at 7 p.m., our parish Courage group will hold an information night to explain their program for helping people who are struggling with same sex attractions. Courage is a nation wide Catholic ministry which has helped many to live fully the teachings of Jesus. All may attend the information night in our parish hall.
12. Scrip will be available after the morning Masses. Scrip can be used to purchase gasoline, food and many other necessary items. It costs you nothing more and is a great way to support our school and parish.