Announcements: (April 25, 1999)
1. Our two-bit collection this weekend is for the Catholic Seaman's Club. This collection will go to support the work of Fr. Tony Haycock and others who serve this vital apostolate. As a port city Seattle receives seamen from around the nation and around the world.
2. Next Sunday is commitment Sunday for the Annual Catholic Appeal. We ask you to take home your envelope and prayerfully consider what your pledge will be. Then fill out the envelope and bring it to Mass to place in next Sunday's collection. On the side of the envelope you will see suggested pledge plans. For example if you make a $250 pledge, you could include a $50 payment, then make 8 monthly payments of $25 each. We encourage you to give according to an eight month pledge plan. You may also use your credit card (this benefits those seeking frequent flier miles!). If all else is equal, we encourage you to use the electronic funds transfer method. This involves placing a voided check in the envelope and indicating the total pledge to be withdrawn in monthly installments - thru March 2000th on the 20th of each month.
3. In our bulletin this week is a flier from Archdiocesan Catholic Cemeteries. Pre-planning gives you the chance to express your love, your beliefs and your commitment to your family. Even if you are contemplating cremation, you still need your Catholic Cemetery.
4. The CYO Athletic Booster Club will have its general meeting on April 28, Thursday evening in our School Hall.
5. Knights of Columbus Pancake and French Toast breakfast will be after the 8:30 and 10:30 Masses this Sunday. Next Saturday evening is Boiler Replacement Dance sponsored by our Knights of Columbus. Please see the bulletin for more information.