Announcements (April 21, 2002)
1. Our two-bit collection this Sunday is for the Society of St. James the Apostles - diocesan priests from the United States who serve in Latin America. Your donation will support their work among the poor of Bolivia and Peru.
2. Thank you for your contributions last Sunday for Archdiocesan Detention Ministry. $434 were given in the second collections to support those who minister to inmates of King County Jail and various prisons in the Archdiocese of Seattle. Also a big thank you for the $1,330 given for Operation Rice Bowl to aid the needy through Catholic Relief Services.
3. A revised list of active parish donors has been placed at the three entrances of our church. As you can see, it now contains the names of almost eleven hundred families. Please check to make sure your name is included. If not, simply drop a note in the collection or at the rectory - or give us a call. Thank you. We appreciate your support.
4. On the next few Sundays, all of us will have an opportunity to be generous and to share what we have by supporting our archdiocese through the Annual Catholic Appeal. You may have received a letter from Archbishop Brunett requesting your participation. The brochure you receive will explain some of the archdiocesan ministries and services. Please read over the material carefully. You will also receive a pledge envelope or card that you are asked to fill out and return. Please complete the pledge envelope or card this year, even if you don't choose to make a donation. Next week, we will speak more directly about the theme of this year's Appeal, the gospel mission of our archdiocese and how your gifts of money are used.
5. Our Ailbe House chapel is open seven days a week, twenty four hours a day for Eucharistic Adoration (except for Wednesdays, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. when Adoration takes place in the main church). You are cordially invited to participate in this beautiful prayer before Jesus, truly present in the Blessed Sacrament.
5. Project Rachel is holding a Post-Abortion Healing Retreat at the end of this month. Please see the bulletin for their confidential number.
6. Attention Junior High and High School Students. You are invited to take part in our parish youth groups. Please see the bulletin or contact Vernon Wells at the parish office for further information.
7. Attention Engaged Couples: Pre-Marriage classes begin on Sunday, April 28. Please call Sharon at the rectory (767-6220) for more information and to register.
8. The Northwest Eucharistic Marian Conference will be held this year on May 3-5 at St. Joseph Center in Mount Vernon. Please see the bulletin for more information.
9. Scrip is for sale after Mass. Please use scrip for your shopping at local stores. It will cost you nothing extra and is an effective way of supporting your parish and its school.