Announcements (April 20, 2003)
1. Our second collection is for Holy Family School scholarship fund. This fund enables poorer families to send their children to our parish school. Several thousand dollars were contributed to this fund at last Saturday's Dinner Auction. It is a great help to our parish and its school. Please be generous for the sake of our children. Thank you for your contributions last weekend for debt reduction - $1323 were given. (Different from figure in bulletin.) Also, if you have not already done so, you may bring forward your Rice Bowl contributions, which supports Catholic Relief Services and other agencies. CRS is working closely with the Catholic Church in Iraq to provide supplemental feeding, potable water, medicines, as well as vocational training. Your Rice Bowl contributions will also support this vital work.
2. Please see the information in our parish bulletin regarding the Annual Catholic Appeal which supports sixty three ministries in our Archdiocese. Commitment Sunday is two weeks from today, May 4.
3. A big thank you to all who worked on the Auction. As you can see in the bulletin, it netted over sixty thousand dollars. In the process the Family Night and Dinner Auction were great community building events. Thanks to all.
4. Please consider coming to the Ailbe House during this Easter Week for Eucharistic Adoration. The Ailbe House Chapel is open twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, except Wednesday, when Adoration takes place in the church. Congratulations to those received into the Catholic Church at the Easter Vigil. The bulletin lists the twenty-two who received sacraments of initiation at the English Vigil. An equal number were initiated in the Spanish Vigil. We rejoice with them and welcome them.
5. Please note the bulletin announcement regarding the Youth in Spirit Retreat which will take place May 16-18. It is for youth ages 13-21.
6. We need for volunteer receptionists during lunchtime and from 5 - 7 p.m. and Saturday mornings. Call Tom Weber for more information.
7. The Bible Study/Rosary Prayer Group continues to meet every Sunday evening at 7 p.m. All are welcome.
8. Baptism classes continue on April 21 in the Ailbe House Library. Next baptism of infants and small children will be celebrated on Sunday, April 27 at 2:30 p.m. Marriage classes begin on Sunday, April 27 at 4 p.m. Engaged couples - or couples who desire to have their marriage blessed - should call Sharon Carriere at the parish office.
9. Next Saturday many of our children will receive their First Holy Communion. The Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. followed by a reception. 10. The funeral for long-time parishioner Marilou Wheir will take place this Friday at 1:30 p.m.
11. Please take a pledge slip regarding the purch of the property for sale at the south end of the parish parking lot. We need your response as soon as possible, within the next few days, if we are going to have any chance of obtaining that property.
12. Scrip will be available after the morning Masses. Scrip can be used to purchase gasoline, food and many other necessary items. It costs you nothing more and is a great way to support our school and parish.