Announcements: (April 18, 1999)
1. Our two-bit collection this weekend is for the "Philippine Missions." This will go specifically to assist the work of Fr. Manuel Ocaņa. As you know, Fr. Ocaņa's family members are parishioners here at Holy Family. Fr. Ocaņa himself has returned to the Philippines after a several month stay with us and now needs our support for the great work he is doing there.
2. Thank you for your contributions last weekend to Operation Rice Bowl. $1465 were given. Together with the Easter collection for Rice Bowl this make a total of almost five thousand dollars we will be sending for this important work. As you know the main organization supported by Rice Bowl is Catholic Relief Services, an agency currently helping refugees of Kosovo.
3. While we remember the needs of people in our world, we are also reminded of needs closer to home in our Archdiocese and our own parish. Please read carefully the information in the bulletin about the Annual Catholic Appeal. This year our goal is to raise $90,000 so that we will be able to move ahead with major repair projects: our school boiler and porch. All those on our parish list will be receiving letters from Archbishop Brunett and from Father Bloom about the Annual Catholic Appeal.
4. A fun way to help the parish is by attending the Boiler Replacement Dance on May 1 sponsored by our Knights of Columbus. Please see the flier in the bulletin.
5. Confirmation and other youth are invited to attend the RADIX youth conference next weekend, april 24 & 25. Please call the parish office to leave your name and phone number.
6. The theme of this Monday's Apologetics/Scripture class will be "The Bible and the Church." It will consider the view "All we need is the Bible," and will discuss how we got the Bible.
7. Parents wishing to have their children baptized are invited to attend the April 19 class. Further information is in this week's bulletin.