Announcements (April 13, 2003)
1. Our second collection is for debt reduction. Thank you for your contributions last weekend - $1191 were given. Next Sunday's two-bit collection will be for Holy Family scholarship fund. Also, next Sunday, please bring your Rice Bowl contributions, which supports Catholic Relief Services and other agencies. CRS is working closely with the Catholic Church in Iraq to provide supplemental feeding, potable water, medicines, as well as vocational training. Your Rice Bowl contributions will also support this vital work.
2. Please see the Holy Week schedule in this Sunday's bulletin: multi-lingual Mass of the Last Supper, at 7 p.m. Thursday. Good Friday liturgy in English at 6 p.m. Easter Vigil at 9 p.m. On Holy Saturday you may come to the Church between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. for condolences to the Virgin Mary. Easter Sunday Masses at normal times - 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. in English. On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of Holy Week there will be Mass at 8:30 a.m. with presence of our school children. Wednesday evening Mass in English at 6 p.m.
3. Please consider coming to the Ailbe House during Holy Week for Eucharistic Adoration. The Ailbe House Chapel is open twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, except Wednesday, when Adoration takes place in the church.
4. This Friday at 11:15 a.m. our school children will present Living Stations of the Cross. Please consider attending this beautiful and prayerful presentation.
5. Please note bulletin announcement regarding the Youth in Spirit Retreat, sponsored by the Washington Catholic Charismatic Renewal. This retreat will take place May 16-18.
6. Also notice the announcement about need for volunteer receptionists during lunchtime and from 5 - 7 p.m. and Saturday mornings. Call Tom Weber for more information.
7. The Bible Study/Rosary Prayer Group continues to meet every Sunday evening at 7 p.m. All are welcome.
8. Baptism classes will take place on April 14 and 21 in the Ailbe House Library. Next baptism of infants and small children will be celebrated on Sunday, April 27 at 2:30 p.m.
9. Marriage classes begin on Sunday, April 27 at 4 p.m. Engaged couples - or couples who desire to have their marriage blessed - should call Sharon Carriere at the parish office.
9. Easter Lilies may be donated to the church in memory of a loved one. In Memoriam labels are available at the church entrances.
10. Thank you to our Knights of Columbus and others who helped with our annual Spring Clean. The parish grounds look wonderful for Holy Week!
11. Scrip will be available after the morning Masses. Scrip can be used to purchase gasoline, food and many other necessary items. It costs you nothing more and is a great way to support our school and parish.