Announcements (March 5, 2006)
1. Our two-bit collection is for Black and Indian Missions. This collections provides yearly grants to promote evangelization and catechesis among Native American and Black Americans, with an emphasis on serving economically challenged areas within dioceses.
2. Next Sunday morning our Knights of Columbus invite you to join them for a delicious pancake, French toast and sausage breakfast. For the low cost of $4 you will support the Knights in their work. Proceeds from this Sunday’s breakfast will go toward the Knights of Columbus Scholarship for a Holy Family student.
3. Also, as you will notice in the bulletin, the Knights are asking you to save your pennies for the “Pennies from Heavens” program. This is a statewide fund which provides long-term support for seminarians.
4. You are invited to participate in the annual Lenten Cathedral Walk. Pilgrims will leave from Holy Family Church at 6:30 a.m. on March 18. Even if you cannot participate in the Walk, you may join the special Mass at 11 a.m. in the Lady Chapel of St. James Cathedral. At the entrances you will find envelopes and pledge sheets to support this Walk.
5. On the Fridays of Lent, St. Martha’s Sodality offers a wonderful soup and bread meal. Join your fellow parishioners at 5:30 p.m. and attend the Stations of the Cross at 6 p.m.
6. Next Sunday we will have a special presentation regarding the progress of our Capital Campaign. Thank you to all who have faithfully supported this effort.
7. Please be sure to take home a bulletin for other important announcements.