Announcements (October 2, 2005)
1. Our two-bit collection is for Deanery Hospital Ministry. The South Seattle Deanery, of which Holy Family Parish is a member, helps support Catholic chaplains at downtown hospitals: Harborview, Swedish and Virginia Mason. Your contributions will help us meet our parish assessment.
2. I would like to now introduce a Dominic Parmantier, a member of our parish finance council, who will gave a brief presentation on the financial situation of our parish.
3. We need volunteers to help count our collections. Also we need volunteers to help with building and grounds maintenance. Please contact Gary Samaniego if you can help.
4. Raffle tickets are now available. First prize is $3000. We are counting on the raffle to raise necessary funds for our parish. Please contact Betty Weller or the parish office for information and tickets. We need many volunteers to sell tickets.
6. This Sunday at our morning Masses representatives from Aquinas Books and Gifts will offer a selection of books and religious articles after our morning Masses.
7. This Sunday afternoon from 2 p.m. to 3:30 we will have Life Chain prayer at 16th and Roxbury.
8. This coming Monday, October 3, a noted local Scripture scholar, Mauricio Perez, will give a presentation titled “Understanding the Bread of Life,” from 7 – 9 p.m. in the Sharon Carriere Library of the Ailbe House. Please see the flier in the bulletin. Also we have an important flier regarding our parish RCIA.
9. Please take home a bulletin for information about the activities and news of our parish and school.