Announcements (April 2, 2006)
1. Our second collection is for seminarians. As you can see from the Archdiocesan poster, we have a record number of seminarians. The highest number in over two decades. Your contributions will support them by way of the Annual Catholic Appeal. We are a few thousand dollars short of our 2005-2006 goal and your donations will help make up that difference.
2. At all Masses next Sunday we will have blessing and distribution of Palms. At 7:45 a.m. we will gather on the Ailbe House steps for a Palm Sunday procession. In the bulletin you
will find the full schedule for Holy Week, including times for confession. 3. Please notice the bulletin announcement regarding parking lot safety. We need volunteers to help direct traffic and keep an eye on parked cars.
4. Next Saturday we will have our Parish Spring Clean. Please see the flier in the bulletin. Also our Knights of Columbus will offer a pancake, French toast and sausage breakfast next Sunday after the morning Masses.
5. Attention young adults. You will find in my column a special invitation to attend World Youth Day events this week.
6. On the Friday evening at 5:15 St. Martha’s Sodality offers a wonderful soup and bread meal, followed by Stations of the Cross at 6 p.m. This is the last chance to attend Lenten Stations of the Cross.
7. In the vestibule members of our parish Birthright will be taking orders for plants. By purchasing plants from them you will aid their efforts to help young women in crisis pregnancies.
8. This Monday evening our Catholic Evidence Guild will present a lecture and discussion on: How do we know the Resurrection really happened. Finally, I want to make a special invitation to the Mark Shea retreat next Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in our hall. Mark is an engaging and inspiring speaker. He is co-author of a new book The DaVinci Deception which you can purchase from the vestibule pamphlet rack for $4. In today's bulletin you will find more information about Mark Shea, as well as other important notices.