Announcements (November 27, 2005)
1. Our two-bit collection is for Birthright. Birthright is a nonprofit organization whose goal is to provide a center where any pregnant woman will find a loving, nonjudgmental environment that supports her decision to carry her child to term. Birthright’s positive support and advocacy strive to help the mother mobilize her own resources and those of the community to face the future and to plan constructively for herself and her child. Please see the small flier in the bulletin for more information. You are also invited to come the Ailbe House for an open house after all Masses on Sunday morning. I would like to now introduce a representative of our parish Birthright to give a more detailed explanation…
2. In the pews you will notice new hymnals which were donated to our parish. Please treat them with care so that we may get many years of use from them.
3. Thank you to all who turned in Stewardship Commitment cards. In this week’s bulletin you will find a green sheet with an updated list of those who made a pledge to support Holy Family Parish. Also you will see the list of those who pledged Time and Talent (volunteer service) for our parish. We will update these lists one more time, on December 11. If you have not yet turned in your commitment card, please do so this week.
4. This year, in lieu of toys, our parish St. Vincent de Paul will provide gift certificates to needy families. The Giving Tree in our sanctuary indicates different levels of gifts that are needed. Please consider helping them by donating a Scrip gift card or by making a cash donation. The deadline is December 11.
5. Next Saturday, December 3, we will have parish Advent Cleanup. See the bulletin for full details.
6. Please notice the Holy Family Apologetics Series in this week’s bulletin. The next topic, Explaining Mary to Protestants, will be presented on Monday, December 5.
7. This Thursday, December 1, is the First Thursday of the month. There will be confessions from 6 to 8 p.m. in the church. On Friday, Mr. Lutz has invited all morning Mass attendees to drop by the school for coffee, tea and treats. School News also has information about the two-bit collection next weekend for Tuition Assistance and the participation of teachers and families in the Masses.
8. Take home a bulletin for full information and news of Holy Family Parish and School.