Announcements (February 26, 2006)
1. Our two-bit collection is for parish landscaping/yard work. Your donations will help provide needed materials to keep our parish grounds beautiful. Our Kings of Columbus and other volunteer groups help with the upkeep of our parish grounds. Please contact Parish Administrator, Gary Samaniego, if you are able to help with these efforts.
2. This coming Wednesday is Ash Wednesday, the beginning of Lent. In the bulletin you will find a full schedule of services. On Ash Wednesday we will distribute Rice Bowls.
3. Ash Wednesday and Good Friday are days of fast and all Fridays during Lent are days of abstinence from meat. Beyond the minimal requirements of the Church, each person is encouraged to accept some form of voluntary penance during the time of Lent. Please note that Soup Nights begin this Friday, followed by Stations of the Cross.
4. You are also invited to participate in the annual Lenten Cathedral Walk. Pilgrims will leave from Holy Family Church at 6:30 a.m. on March 18. Even if you cannot participate in the Walk, you may join the special Mass at 11 a.m. in the Lady Chapel of St. James Cathedral. At the entrances you will find envelopes and pledge sheets to support this Walk.
5. Our Knights of Columbus are sponsoring a Blood Drive this Monday. As their bulletin notice states, “Give Blood – You’ve Got it in you!”
6. Please be sure to take home a bulletin for other important announcements.