Announcements (December 25, 2005)
1. For Christmas we have a special two-bit collection to help the poor in our own area. Our parish St. Vincent de Paul will use your donations to assist the needy right here in White Center. During the Christmas season they have provided gift certificates and food for families with limited resources. The cupboards are now bare – but the needs continue, so we ask your generosity.
2. Also as I mentioned in the homily, this year Holy Family Parish had a Capital Campaign to address the deferred maintenance needs of our buildings and parking lot. There is a flier in the bulletin which explains what we have already done – and the projects we hope to undertake this year, with your help. The flier contains a list of the 501 households who have supported the Campaign. To those who are on the list, I want to express my gratitude. If you name is not on the list, please consider using one of the envelopes to make a pledge – or a year-end contribution. We need the help of everyone to maintain our church and school buildings, as well as the other parts of our overall parish plant. You can mail the envelope, drop it by the rectory or place it in the collection basket next weekend. Thank you for your consideration and help.
3. The bulletin contains a schedule for Masses and confessions. Next Sunday, January 1, is the Feast of Mary the Mother of God. The English Masses will be at the normal times: 5 p.m. Saturday, 8 and 11 a.m. Sunday. There will be bilingual New Years Eve Mass at 11 p.m next Saturday evening.
4. There are still some Holy Family Parish calendars. You may take one on the way out of the Church, as well as a parish bulletin. It has important information regarding Confirmation for those who will be sixteen or older this spring – as well as information regarding baptism of children and adults, marriage preparation and other sacraments.
5. Finally I would like to say a big thank you to those who made possible our Christmas decorations and music. You know who you are. God bless you! And may God bless each of you with a Beautiful Christmas and New Year!