Announcements (December 25, 2001)
1. Our two-bit collection this Christmas is for our parish ST. Vincent de Paul Society. AS you know, many of our families are hurting economically and the members of St. Vincent de Paul have been helping as many as possible. Your contributions will enable them to assist the needy in our own neighborhoods.School Renovation.
2. Thank you for your ongoing support for the repair of our school building. During this Christmas break, we are installing the new kitchen in the parish school. The old kitchen had safety and sanitation concerns. The new one will be a great improvement. It should be operating when school opens the first week of January. Besides our school lunch program, the kitchen is used by many different groups of the parish.
3. Tickets are now on sale for our annual Knights of Columbus Crab Dinner and Dance. Please see the pink bulletin insert for more information and phone numbers.
4. Confirmation classes for those 16-20 will begin January 14. Archbishop Brunett will be here on May 23 for the celebration of the sacrament. Please call Vernon Wells at the rectory for more information and to register.
5. Our Young Adult Group, ages 16 to 20, meets every Sunday evening. If you wish to participate, simply come to the Ailbe House library at 5 p.m. The Junior High group, ages 12 to 15, takes place Tuesday evening at 7 p.m. Please call Vernon Wells for more information.
6. Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament will not take place on Christmas day. However, most other days of the year, the chapel of our Ailbe House (former convent) is open twenty four hours a day for prayer before Jesus truly present in the Blessed Sacrament. As a New Years Resolution, please consider making a weekly holy hour.
7. Pre-marriage classes will begin Sunday, January 13, 4 to 6 p.m. If you are getting married in 2002 or know someone who is getting married, please encourage them to attend these classes. Those who are married civilly, but wish to have their marriage blessed in the church, are cordially invited to attend.
8. January 1 is World Day of Prayer for Peace. Please join in the Rosary for Peace. The full fifteen decades of the rosary will be recited communally three times at Holy Family: at midnight, right after the 11 p.m. bilingual Mass. At 10 a.m., before the 11 a.m. New Year's Day Mass and at 5 p.m., before the 6 p.m. Filipino Mass.