Announcements (October 23, 2005)
1. Today is Mission Sunday. This collection supports the work of the Church is mission countries, including Pakistan. It is a way of helping the needy and supporting those engaged in evangelization. Your contributions are deeply appreciated.
2. At the entrances of our church you will find copies of Holy Family’s Annual Financial Report. It summarizes the income and expenses of our parish during the past fiscal year: July 1, 2004 to June 30, 2005. Please pick up a copy of the Report. In Fr. Bloom’s column you will find an explanation of some of the categories of parish revenue and expenses. If you have any questions regarding this Report, please feel free to contact Fr. Bloom, Parish Administrator Gary Samaniego or members of the parish finance council: for example, Dominic Parmantier, Tom Swim or Dorothy Plummer. We deeply appreciate your ongoing support of Holy Family Parish in the Sunday collections and other fundraising activities.
3. Speaking of fundraisers, this is the final week for purchasing tickets for our parish raffle. We have already passed the “break even” point in ticket sales. Any ticket sold will benefit our parish and it mission. The drawing for the $3000 prize will take place a week from Monday at the Halloween party sponsored by our Knights of Columbus. In addition to the $3000 prize, there are prizes of $1000, $500, as well as other prizes which will be drawn on October 31. Raffle tickets are for sale in the bulletin. Pick up a book or two to sell at work or to family members.
4. The Girls Youth Group will be decorating pumpkins this Sunday afternoon from 3:30 to 5:30. The bulletin also has information about Boys Group activities.
5. On the first Monday of November we will have a presentation on “Why Catholics Believe in Purgatory.” There will be more information in next Sunday’s bulletin.
6. Please take home a bulletin for information about the activities and news of our parish and school.