Announcements (November 20, 2005)
1. Our two-bit collection is for the Mary Bloom Center in Peru. This medical clinic and educational center serves the poor in Puno, Peru. Your support is deeply appreciated.
2. Thank you to all who turned in Stewardship Commitment cards. In this week’s bulletin you will find a green sheet which lists those who made a pledge to support Holy Family Parish. We will update the list in next Sunday’s bulletin. Also we will have a list of those who pledged Time and Talent (volunteer service) for our parish. If you have not yet turned in your commitment card, please do so this week.
3. On Thursday we will bring our Stewardship Drive to a formal conclusion with the celebration of Thanksgiving Day Mass. The Mass, celebrated in English with some elements in other languages, will take place at 9 a.m. Please bring a non-perishable food item for our St. Vincent de Paul food baskets, as well as an item from your Thanksgiving table to bless at that Mass. For example: bread, desert, fruit basket. At the end of Mass we will bless these items which you may pick up for your family Thanksgiving meal. There will be only one collection at the Thanksgiving Day Mass and it will go to aid the needy through our St. Vincent de Paul and Madre Teresa groups.
4. This year, in lieu of toys, our parish St. Vincent de Paul will provide gift certificates to needy families. Please consider helping them by donating a Scrip gift card. Next Sunday we will have a Giving Tree with tags indicating needed amounts.
5. Also next Sunday our parish Birthright will hold an open house after each Mass. Learn more about their vital work of supporting those facing troubled pregnancies. The two-bit collection will go toward our parish Birthright.
6. The Saturday after next we will have parish Advent Cleanup. See the bulletin for full details.
7. Please check out the School News in this Sunday’s bulletin. CYO Soccer awards will be held on Tuesday evening in the hall. Also our girls group meets Sunday afternoon from 3:30 to 5:30 in the Ailbe House. Contact Mary Lane for more information. Take home a bulletin for full information and news of Holy Family Parish and School.