Announcements (February 19, 2006)
1. Our two-bit collection is for our St. Vincent de Paul Society. Your contributions will enable us to assist the needy in our own parish neighborhoods.
2. The Wednesday after next is Ash Wednesday. In Father Bloom’s bulletin column, you will find some instructions in preparation for Lent. The focus for this week is an explanation of the Guidelines for Reception of Communion, especially the Bishops’ statement that, “A person who is conscious of grave sin is not to receive the Body and Blood of the Lord without prior sacramental confession.”
3. Speaking of liturgy, on March 25 we will have a Liturgy Orientation Day for all those who assist in the celebration of Sunday Mass: lectors, extraordinary ministers of Communion, music, altar servers, sacristans, ushers, etc. Besides those active as liturgical ministers, parishioners in general are invited to participate in this event. There will be more information in next Sunday’s bulletin.
4. You are also invited to participate in the annual Lenten Cathedral Walk. Pilgrims will leave from Holy Family Church at 6:30 a.m. on March 18. Even if you cannot participate in the Walk, you may join the special Mass at 11 a.m. in the Lady Chapel of St. James Cathedral. At the entrances you will find envelopes and pledge sheets to support this Walk.
5. The Girls’ Bowling Party will take place next Sunday: full information in today’s bulletin.
6. We are currently enrolling and registering students for the next school year. In the bulletin you will find a pamphlet which gives full information about Holy Family School. Please read that pamphlet and pass it on to someone who has a child between pre-Kindergarten and Eighth Grade.
7. The funeral for Mary Stephens will take place this Wednesday at 11 a.m. Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will be in the Chapel until Wednesday afternoon.
8. Please be sure to take home a bulletin for other important announcements.